Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
These waffles has a slightly sour taste, are crispy on the outside and slightly chewy yet light on the inside.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sourdough discard
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the brown sugar with the whisk attachment on high speed for 5 minutes, until it has increased on volume, become light in colour and is thick. Reduce speed to low and add the vanilla.
- In a measuring cup, combine the melted butter with the milk, and add to the egg mixture along with the sourdough discard. Mix on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add all at once to the egg-milk batter and mix on low speed until just combined. There should be small lumps in the batter.
- Remove the whisk, give the batter and couple of stirs with a spatula and then let the batter stand for at least 5 minutes, ideally 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron, coat with non-stick cooking spray and cook the waffle batter according to manufacturer instructions. Serve immediately with maple syrup, fruit and whipped cream.