Shrimp Devilled Eggs
Experiment with smoked salmon or crab in place of the shrimp.
- 8-10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1-2 finely sliced green onion
- 1 tsp or more hot sauce
- 1 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp chopped capers
- 1 heaping tbsp finely chopped dill pickle
- About 2 tsp pickle juice
- 1/3 cup small whole cooked shrimp
- About ½ tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 16-20 whole cooked shrimp
- Dill for garnish
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. With the tip of a spoon, carefully remove the yolks to a medium bowl. Set the egg whites on a plates; mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the green onion, hot sauce, mayonnaise, yogurt, capers, dill pickle and pickle juice. Add some salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more mayonnaise and yogurt or pickle juice if the mixture is too dry.
- Chop the shrimp and add to the egg mixture. Stir. Taste again and make any flavour adjustments, adding more of the other ingredients to your taste.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the egg whites. Top with a whole shrimp and a sprig of fresh dill. Place eggs on a serving platter. Chill until ready to serve.