- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup
- Additional ground nutmeg, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter just comes together. Don’t over mix. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 1 hour. The batter can even be made the night before and refrigerated.
- Heat a waffle iron. Do not stir the batter. Scoop the batter into the waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Meanwhile, beat the whipping cream with the icing sugar and vanilla until semi-stiff peaks.
Remove the waffle to a serving plate. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle the cream with some grated nutmeg. Drizzle over maple syrup and garnish toasted nuts.