Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
Any kind of cherry tomato works in this sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- Generous handful fresh chopped basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese, as much as you like
- Salt, to taste
- 8 oz spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- In a large pot of boiling water that has been well salted, cook the pasta. Meanwhile, start the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil or medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Let cook until the skins begin to break, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and using the back of a wooden spoon, gently smash the tomatoes. At this point, you can add a splash of white wine if you like. Let the sauce cook until it has thickened slightly, a couple more minutes.
- Drain the pasta reserving a cup of pasta water. Add the cooked pasta and the basil to the sauce. Stir to coat the pasta. You can add a bit of reserved pasta water if the sauce becomes too thick. Transfer to serving plates and top with lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese.