Rated 3.0 stars by 8 users
The mixing method is a little unorthodox but it works! This fabulous cake is crammed with apple and stays moist for days and days. Best made a day ahead but still delicious eaten the day of.
6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an angel food cake pan.
- Place apples in a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and baking powder. Then add the vanilla and let stand while you make the rest of the cake.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the eggs for about 3 minutes on high speed. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat for 3-5 minutes, until mixture is thick and increased in volume. Reduce speed to low and add in the oil.
- Remove the bowl and stir in the flour. Then fold in the apples. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and internal temperature is 180°F.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove cake to a wire rack to cool.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle with an icing sugar glaze or dust with icing sugar.